Thursday, December 17, 2015

2nd Christmas Bookathon Update


Hello everyone!

http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1444192461l/26874617.jpgSo, honestly, the readathon isn't going exactly well. I'm still reading the same book I wanted to start in the last update, though it's actually not Six of Crows but Life and Death by Stephenie Meyer (you know, that gender-switched Twilight thing). I'm currently about 70 pages in and really quite enjoying it. It's kinda nice to "reread" Twilight because it's been years, I mean literally YEARS since I read it. I loved it then but now I can totally see what a lot of people are complaining about and also the writing style: I'm not saying it's bad it's just not how I remember it. 
Anyway, it's still fun to read. But I'm not sure when I'll finsh it because I have to read another book inbetween (required reading, man... :/) but it'll be fine! I can totally keep up with my December TBR, well not really - but I'm trying my hardest for sure:-)

Obviously, this is a very short post but tomorrow there is going to come a longer one and Tuesday I'll tell you "The Book Lending Story" so stay tuned for that! I can't wait for you to read it :D

What do you think about Twilight? Do you like it? Do you hate it? Is it overrated or maybe underrated? Tell me down below! ;-)

Thank you so much for reading!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are liking Life and Death. I actually only read the first book, and it was after I watched all the movies with my friends and family. Though it was two or three years ago, I really liked Twilight. It wasn't anything amazing, but really fun and entertaining. That's where it really counts! While Life and Death isn't getting raving reviews, I still want to read it!

    Great post Gina! Keep your head up for the readathon! You never know what will happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you! The entertainment in a book counts because that's what makes me enjoy it, right?
      I hope you like Life & Death too!

      Thank you for commenting and passing by, Genni! <3

      Delete
  2. Oooh, Life and Death by Stephenie Meyer! Good to see that at least someone is enjoying it instead of complaining about it! Keep it up, I know you can continue your readathon successfully! I've got to say that I really loved Twilight, until Breaking Dawn part 1. After Eclipse (which probably is my fave book of the series), I forced myself through the first part of Breaking Dawn. How did I managed to get through all of that until finally arriving at the second part? I don't know, but I am sooo glad I did! After the 2nd part, the book just went great and I just really enjoyed it all again. I think the series is a little overrated, but oh well, can't complain much, since this was the series that got me into reading. . .like as in reading big books. 'cause I mean, I've always loved reading, but Twilight woke up something inside of me and well hi, look where I am today!

    Ok so, I think that's enough of my Twilight story, haha. I'll probably read this book one day, when I'm either ready or bored or both. Great post once again and good luck on your readathon!

    ~L. @ Reading Against Time ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twilight and The Hunger Games got me into reading YA books, actually! So Twilight is kind of a big part of my reading experience...
      Anyway, I hope you read this book some day so we can talk about it ;-)

      Thanks for commenting & passing by!

      Delete